ISO 27001: Sacchetto is the first Italian company in its sector to obtain this international certification on Information Security Management, to protect customers and suppliers
ISO 27001: Sacchetto Spa is the first Italian company in the agro-industrial sector to achieve this certification, which is essential for privacy protection and information security.
Data Privacy and Cyber Security are hot topics in this historical moment.
Sacchetto has always considered the protection of customers and suppliers’ sensitive data, of primary importance: for this reason, our team and our entire Company are committed to obtaining this international certification, for the protection of all the stakeholders involved. To guarantee everyone, Company or individual, maximum protection with regard to their data, including telematic ones.
Let’s find out together what ISO 27001 certification is, how it is obtained, what the safety requirements are and why it is important to have it.
ISO 27001: what is it?
ISO 27001 is a certification that serves to protect privacy and sensitive internal data, but Company’s customers and suppliers. Its full name is indicative of the purpose of those who undertake to achieve this international certification: in fact, reference is made to Information Technology, Security Techniques and Information Security Management Systems.
It’s the primary international information security standard, published by two major international standards development organizations, the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) and the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC).
ISO-27001 is just one of a series of standards that target information security: the ISO/IEC 27000 series.
What is ISO 27001 Certification goal?
The target of ISO 27001 is to protect the sensitive data of all Company interlocutors and partners, based on 3 principles:
- confidentiality of information, accessible only to interested people
- integrity of information, editable only by authorized people
- availability of information anytime
ISO 27001 therefore establishes a best practice international standard to be applied in protection of sensitive information. The procedure therefore allows you to better manage your ISMS or Information Security Management System.
Obtaining this certification allows the company to demonstrate that it is following the best practices regarding information security, providing qualified and independent control to guarantee the correct data management, in line with international standards and company objectives.
How do you get the certification?
To obtain ISO 27001 certification, the Company must undertake to carry out some mandatory steps, ranging from the risk analysis and preparation phase to the control phase. Let’s see them together.
- Objectives Identification to be achieved with the implementation of an Information Security Management System compliant with the ISO 27001 standard.
- Definition of responsibilities and authorizations.
- Risk analysis to identify the assets to be protected, threats and vulnerabilities, as well as the risks associated with the company’s information and data.
- Implementation of the ISMS based on the information collected, including the definition of security procedures and controls, till the personnel training.
- Internal audit necessary to evaluate the system effectiveness, identify any gaps so to improve data management.
- Management review and verification of the ISMS alignment with the corporate objectives.
- Certification audit, performed by an independent organization that evaluates the effectiveness of the ISMS according to the requirements of ISO 27001 standard and allows to obtain the certification.
- Surveillance audits, to be performed periodically over a period of 3 years, the validity period of the certification, to verify that the organization’s ISMS effectively maintains its compliance with the standard.
Why is ISO27001 important?
ISO27001 is important for various reasons.
On one hand, it provides companies with the indispensable know-how that guarantees sensitive information and most important data’s protection, on the other hand it allows you to demonstrate at customers and partners that you are committed in protecting the privacy of all stakeholders.
Acquiring ISO27001 certification has a number of advantages:
- Adherence to International Standards
- Competitive advantage for the Company
- Costs reduction related to possible risks
- Company organization improvement
Furthermore, since ISO27001 is an international standard, the certification is recognized all over the world and having it is a reason for prestige, which increases the opportunities for doing business with further organizations and companies.
Sacchetto choice to protect privacy
Sacchetto is the first Italian company in the agro-industrial sector to obtain this certification.
We are proud to have managed the achievement of this important milestone.
We have always cared about our customers protection and their trust. Thanks to this additional piece we want to further improve risk management and information protection, demonstrating to all of you how important your privacy and security are to us.